- Your cart is empty.
£26,254.77 Excl VAT
£31,505.72 Incl VAT
The Cisco 4- and 8-Port OC-3 POS SPAs are available on high-end Cisco Systems routing platforms offering the benefits of network scalability with lower initial costs and ease of upgrades. The Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio continues the Cisco focus on investment protection along with consistent feature support, broad interface availability, and the latest technology. The Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio allows deployment of different interfaces (Packet over SONET/SDH [POS], ATM, Ethernet, and so on) on the same interface processor.
The Cisco 4- and 8-Port OC-3 POS SPAs are available with four or eight Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) interfaces. SFP modules are available in multiple optical reaches from 2 to 80 km.
The Cisco OC-3 POS SPAs can be used in multiple applications, including:
• Access and aggregation
• WAN uplinks
• Internet peering
The Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio offers many advantages, including:
• Uses modular, flexible, intelligent interface processors:
– Flexibility, providing mix and match of interface types on the same interface processor for consistent services, independent of access technology.
– Pioneering programmable interface processors that provide flexibility for the service diversity required in next-generation networks.
– Innovative design that provides intelligent delivery of services without compromising on performance.
• Increases speed to service revenue:
– The future-proof programmable Cisco architecture extended to 10 gigabits per second dramatically improves customer density, increasing potential revenue per platform.
– Interface breadth (copper, channelized, POS, ATM, and Ethernet) on a modular interface processor allows service providers to more quickly roll out new services, helping ensure that all customers large and small receive consistent, secure, and guaranteed services.
– High-density SFP interfaces are featured for high-port-count applications with reach flexibility. Future optical technology improvements can be adopted using existing SPAs.
• Dramatically improves the financials of your routing purchase:
– Improved slot economics and increased density reduce capital expenditures (CapEx).
– The ability to easily add new interfaces as they are needed enables a “pay-as-you-grow” business model while still offering a high-density solution.
– SPAs are shared across multiple platforms and can be easily moved from one to another, providing consistent feature support, accelerated product delivery, and a significant reduction in operating expenses (OpEx) through common sparing as service needs change.