- Your cart is empty.
£24,075.50 Excl VAT
£28,890.60 Incl VAT
Out of stock
The Cisco 1-, 2-, and 4-Port OC-48c/STM-16c POS/RPR SPAs are available on high-end Cisco routing platforms and offers the benefits of network scalability with lower initial costs and easy upgrades. The SPAs continues the Cisco focus on investment protection along with consistent feature support, broad interface availability, and leading-edge technology. The SPAs allow different interfaces (POS, ATM, etc.) to be deployed on the same carrier card.
The Cisco 1-, 2-, and 4-Port OC-48c/STM-16c POS/RPR SPAs use Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) interfaces. SFP modules are available in short-reach (2 km), intermediate-reach (15 km), and long-reach (80 km) optics.
The Cisco 1-, 2-, and 4-Port OC-48c/STM-16c POS and RPR SPAs can be used in multiple applications, including:
• Access and aggregation
• WAN uplinks
• Internet peering
These SPAs feature both packet over SONET/SDH for mesh fiber networks and Resilient Packet Ring for ring fiber topologies. These SPAs comply with the IEEE 802.17 RPR standard and also support the Spatial Reuse Protocol (SRP) for compatibility with existing Dynamic Packet Transport/Resilient Packet Ring (DPT/RPR) networks.
The Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio offers many advantages, including:
• Uses modular, flexible, intelligent interface processors:
– Flexibility, providing mix and match of interface types on the same interface processor for consistent services, independent of access technology.
– Pioneering programmable interface processors that provide flexibility for the service diversity required in next-generation networks.
– Innovative design that provides intelligent delivery of services without compromising on performance.
• Increases speed to service revenue:
– The future-proof programmable Cisco architecture extended to 10 gigabits per second dramatically improves customer density, increasing potential revenue per platform.
– Interface breadth (copper, channelized, POS, ATM, and Ethernet) on a modular interface processor allows service providers to more quickly roll out new services, helping ensure that all customers large and small receive consistent, secure, and guaranteed services.
– High-density SFP interfaces are featured for high-port-count applications with reach flexibility. Future optical technology improvements can be adopted using existing SPAs.
• Dramatically improves the financials of your routing purchase:
– Improved slot economics and increased density reduce capital expenditures (CapEx).
– The ability to easily add new interfaces as they are needed enables a “pay-as-you-grow” business model while still offering a high-density solution.
– SPAs are shared across multiple platforms and can be easily moved from one to another, providing consistent feature support, accelerated product delivery, and a significant reduction in operating expenses (OpEx) through common sparing as service needs change.