HP 2915-8G-PoE Switch
Lead time: 2-6 weeks, ordered on request only
Out of stock
HP Part Number: J9562A
The HP 2915-8G-PoE Switch is a fully managed 8-port 10/100/1000 switch with an additional two dual-personality Gigabit Ethernet ports for copper or SFP connectivity. Together with static and RIP IPv4 routing, robust security and management, enterprise-class features, a free lifetime warranty, and free software updates, the HP 2915-8G-PoE Switch is a cost-effective solution.
The switch is fanless, providing quiet operation and making it ideal for deployments in open spaces. In addition, its compact form factor allows for flexible deployments, including wall, surface, or rack mounting.
These switches can be deployed at enterprise edge and remote branch offices, as well as converged networks.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Selectable queue configuration: performance and/or traffic reliability can be increased by selecting the number of queues that best meet the requirements of network applications; the switch will map eight priorities to either two or four queues
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p): allows real-time traffic classification into eight priority levels mapped to four queues
- Rate limiting: per-port ingress-enforced maximums
- Choice of management interfaces: Web GUI: easy-to-use graphical interface allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser. Command-line interface (CLI): robust CLI provides advanced configuration and diagnostics. Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv2c/SNMPv3): allows switch to be managed with a variety of third-party network management applications.
- Multiple configuration files: configuration file management tools allow up to three configuration files to be managed and stored on the switch
- Dual flash images: provides independent primary and secondary operating system files for backup while upgrading
- Command authorization: leverages RADIUS to link a custom list of CLI commands to an individual network administrator’s login; also provides an audit trail
- Front-panel LEDs: Locator LED: allows users to set the locator LED on a specific switch to either turn on, blink, or turn off; simplifies troubleshooting by making it easy to locate a particular switch within a rack of similar switches. Per-port LEDs: provides an at-a-glance view of status, activity, speed, and full-duplex operation. Power and fault LEDs: display any issues.
- Dual-personality functionality: two 10/100/1000 ports or SFP slots provide optional fiber connectivity such as Gigabit-SX, -LX, -LH, 100-FX, 100-BX, and 1000-BX
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet: provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras (see product specifications for total PoE power available)
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100/1000 ports
- RJ-45 serial console port: provides easy accessibility on the front of unit to the switch CLI
- IPv6: IPv6 host: the switches can be managed and deployed at the edge of IPv6 networks. Dual stack (IPv4/IPv6): provides transition mechanism from IPv4 to IPv6; supports connectivity for both protocols.
Resiliency and high availability
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree: provides high link availability in multiple VLAN environments by allowing multiple spanning trees; provides legacy support for IEEE 802.1d and IEEE 802.1w
- Port trunking and link aggregation: Trunking: supports up to eight links per trunk to increase bandwidth and create redundant connections. IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Protocol (LACP): eases configuration of trunks through automatic configuration.
|Number of ports||
Gigabit Ethernet - 10/100/1000