Cisco QSFP40G BiDi Short-reach Transceiver
Lead time: Next business day
In stock (202 available)
£656.40 inc. VAT
(£547.00 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: QSFP-40G-SR-BD
Cisco QSFP 40-Gbps Bidirectional Short-Reach Transceiver.
The Cisco Quad Small Form-Factor (QSFP) 40-Gbps Bidirectional (BiDi) Transceiver is a short-reach pluggable optical transceiver with a duplex LC connector for 40 Gigabit Ethernet short-reach data communications and interconnect applications using multimode fiber (MMF). The Cisco QSFP 40-Gbps BiDi transceiver offers customers a solution that uses existing duplex MMF infrastructure for 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. Unlike with other existing 40 Gigabit Ethernet solutions on the market, with the Cisco QSFP 40-Gbps BiDi transceiver customers can upgrade their network from 10 Gigabit Ethernet to 40 Gigabit Ethernet without incurring any fiber infrastructure upgrade cost. The Cisco QSFP 40-Gbps BiDi transceiver can enable 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity in a range of up to 100 meters over OM3 fiber, which meets most data center reach requirements. It complies with the Multiple Source Agreement (MSA) QSFP specification, enabling customers to use it on all Cisco QSFP 40-Gbps platforms and achieve high density in a 40 Gigabit Ethernet network. It can be used in data centers, high-performance computing (HPC) networks, enterprise and distribution layers, and service provider transport applications.
Main features and benefits of the Cisco QSFP 40-Gbps BiDi transceiver include:
• Low infrastructure cost for 40 Gigabit Ethernet network
• Seamless upgrade from 10 Gigabit Ethernet to 40 Gigabit Ethernet
• 100m reach over OM3 fiber, which meets most data center reach requirements
• Duplex LC connector for use with duplex MMF
• QSFP MSA specification-compliant form factor
• Hot-swappable I/O device that plugs into a Cisco QSFP-based switch, router, or optical platform port
• Support for “pay-as-you-populate” model
• Easy-to-use pull-release handle that is color coded for reach identification
The Cisco QSFP 40-Gbps BiDi transceiver has two 20-Gbps channels, each transmitted and received simultaneously on two wavelengths when connected to a duplex MMF. The result is an aggregated 40-Gbps link over a duplex MMF.