Cisco Nexus 3048, Forward Airflow, DC, Base & LAN Ent Lic Bundle
Lead time: 2-6 weeks, ordered on request only
£6,864.47 inc. VAT
(£5,720.39 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: N3K-C3048-FD-L3
The Cisco Nexus 3048 Switch is a line-rate Gigabit Ethernet top-of-rack (ToR) switch and is part of the Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Switches portfolio. The Cisco Nexus 3048, with its compact one-rack-unit (1RU) form factor and integrated Layer 2 and 3 switching, complements the existing Cisco Nexus family of switches. This switch runs the industry-leading Cisco NX-OS Software operating system, providing customers with robust features and functions that are deployed in thousands of data centers worldwide. The Cisco Nexus 3048 is ideal for big data customers that require a Gigabit Ethernet ToR switch with local switching that connects transparently to upstream Cisco Nexus switches, providing an end-to-end Cisco Nexus fabric in their data centers. This switch supports both forward and reversed airflow schemes with AC and DC power inputs.
The Cisco Nexus 3048 provides the following main benefits:
• Wire-rate Layer 2 and 3 switching
– Layer 2 and 3 switching of up to 176 Gigabit per second (Gbps) and more than 132 million packets per second (mpps) in a compact 1RU form-factor switch
• Robust and purpose-built Cisco NX-OS operating system for end-to-end Cisco Nexus fabric
– Transparent integration with the Cisco Nexus family of switches to provide a consistent end-to-end Cisco Nexus fabric
– Modular operating system built for resiliency
– Integration with Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and XML management tools
• Comprehensive feature set and innovations for next-generation data centers
– Virtual PortChannel (vPC) provides Layer 2 multipathing through the elimination of Spanning Tree Protocol and enables fully utilized bisectional bandwidth and simplified Layer 2 logical topologies without the need to change the existing management and deployment models.
– Power On Auto Provisioning (POAP) enables touchless bootup and configuration of the switch, drastically reducing provisioning time.
– Cisco Embedded Event Manager (EEM) and Python scripting enable automation and remote operations in the data center.
– Advanced buffer monitoring reports real-time buffer utilization per port and per queue, which allows organizations to monitor traffic bursts and application traffic patterns.
– The 64-way equal-cost multipath (ECMP) routing enables Layer 3 fat tree designs and allows organizations to prevent network bottlenecks, increase resiliency, and add capacity with little network disruption.
– EtherAnalyzer is a built-in packet analyzer for monitoring and troubleshooting control-plane traffic and is based on the popular Wireshark open source network protocol analyzer.
– Precision Time Protocol (PTP; IEEE 1588) provides accurate clock synchronization and improved data correlation with network captures and system events.
– Full Layer 3 unicast and multicast routing protocol suites are supported, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2), Protocol Independent Multicast sparse mode (PIM-SM), Source-Specific Multicast (SSM), and Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP).
• 48 fixed 10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet ports
• 4 fixed Enhanced Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP+) ports
• Locator LED
• Dual redundant power supplies
• Fan tray with redundant fans
• Two 10/100/1000-Mbps management ports
• One RS-232 serial console port
• One USB port
• Locator LED and button
Support for both forward (port-side exhaust) and reversed (port-side intake) airflow schemes is available.
|Number of ports||
Gigabit Ethernet - 10/100/1000
4 SFP Ports
|IOS Image Version||