Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series 9-slot chassis
Lead time: 2-6 weeks, ordered on request only
Out of stock
£12,576.72 inc. VAT
(£10,480.60 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: WS-C6509-E=
Cisco Systems is introducing enhanced 3-, 6-, and 9-slot chassis for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and the Supervisor Engine 720-3B.
The new 3-slot chassis (part number 6503-E) offers enhancements to support the Cisco Catalyst 67xx series line cards. The new 6- and 9-slot chassis (part numbers 6506-E and 6509-E) offer enhancements that increase the overall system power capacity for industry-leading power over Ethernet (PoE) port-density scalability. Continuing with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 tradition of unmatched investment protection, all existing supervisors, line cards, switch fabrics, and even software releases are supported in the new E-series chassis.
SPECIFICATIONS OF NEW CHASSIS
• The new chassis are similar to existing 3-, 6-, and 9- chassis, with full support for all existing supervisors, line cards, switch fabrics, and even software releases.
• The new chassis are backward-compatible with all existing software versions (details in the software requirements table). Future software releases will be available to enable new features, such as new power supplies.
• The 3-slot chassis supports CEF720 line cards such as the WS-6704-10GE, WS-6724-SFP, and WS-6748-SFP.
• The 6- and 9-slot chassis are designed to scale beyond 4000W power supply configurations. In the future they will support 6000W power supplies.
• The minimum power supply required is 2500W or higher (AC or DC) for the 6- and 9-slot chassis.