Cisco ASR1013 Chassis, Redundant P/S, Spare
Lead time: 2-6 weeks, ordered on request only
£15,528.94 inc. VAT
(£12,940.78 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: ASR1013=
Cisco is reinventing edge routing with the Cisco® ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers, a portfolio of midrange routers that establish a new price-to-performance class offering, benefiting both service providers and enterprises alike:
• For service providers, the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers facilitate more flexible, efficient, and cost-effective delivery of complex consumer and business services
• For enterprises, the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers deliver a highly reliable, high-performance WAN edge solution where information, communication, collaboration, and commerce converge
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers:
• Accelerate services by offering outstanding performance and resiliency with optimized, intelligent services
• Establish a new benchmark for price-to-performance offerings in the enterprise advanced routing, service provider edge, and broadband aggregation segments
• Facilitate significant network architectural innovations in areas such as secure WAN aggregation, managed customer-premises-equipment (CPE) services, and service provider edge services
• Reduce operating expenses (OpEx) and capital expenditures (CapEx) by facilitating managed or hosted services over identical architectures and operating environments
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series consists of these different versions (Figure 1): the Cisco ASR 1001 Router, the Cisco ASR 1002 Fixed Router, the Cisco ASR 1002 Router, the Cisco ASR 1002-X Router, the Cisco ASR 1004 Router, the Cisco ASR 1006 Router, and the Cisco ASR 1013 Router. All models use the innovative and powerful Cisco QuantumFlow Processor, which provides a huge leap in performance and resiliency for network processors.
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series provides a significant enhanced value compared to prior generations of Cisco midrange routing solutions by providing more than tenfold performance improvement with services running. Additionally, the routers have hardware and software redundancy, as well as an industry-leading high-availability design.
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series delivers multiple services embedded in the Cisco QuantumFlow Processor at wire speeds from 2.5 to 100 Gbps. The services supported on the Cisco QuantumFlow Processor include security services (for example, encryption and firewall), quality of service (QoS), Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR), Cisco IOS® Flexible Packet Matching (FPM), broadband aggregation, and Cisco Unified Border Element (SP Edition) (formerly called Session Border Controller, or SBC), among others.
With the separation of the control and data planes in the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Router architecture, software redundancy (on the Cisco ASR 1001, ASR 1002 Fixed, ASR 1002, ASR 1002-X, and ASR 1004 Routers) and hardware redundancy (on the Cisco ASR 1006 and ASR 1013 Routers) are provided. Additionally, the modular Cisco IOS XE Software that is introduced with the Cisco ASR 1000 Series facilitates In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU).