Cisco ASA 5525-X K8 Firewall Edition - security appliance
Lead time: 2-6 weeks, ordered on request only
£6,007.63 inc. VAT
(£5,006.36 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: ASA5525-K8
Cisco ASA 5525-X Firewall Edition (ASA5525-K8): includes firewall services, 750 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, 8 copper Gigabit Ethernet data ports, 1 copper Gigabit Ethernet management port, 1 AC power supply, Active/Active High Availability, 2 security contexts, DES license.
The Cisco ASA 5525-X, 5545-X, and 5555-X are next-generation midrange security appliances that use the Cisco SecureX framework for a context-aware approach to security that delivers multiple security services, multigigabit performance, flexible interface options, and redundant power supplies – all in a compact 1-RU form factor. These appliances optionally provide additional broad and deep network security through an array of integrated cloud- and software-based security services that utilize identity for security policy selection, with no need for additional hardware modules. They are built on the same proven security platform as the rest of the ASA family of security appliances, and have been designed to deliver superior performance for exceptional operational efficiency.
With up to 4 Gbps of firewall throughput, 1,000,000 concurrent firewall connections, 50,000 connections per second, and six integrated 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet interfaces, the ASA 5525-X, 5545-X, and 5555-X are excellent choices for businesses requiring a high-performance, cost-effective, extensible security solution that can grow with their changing needs.
Your business can take advantage of new applications and devices — without compromising security — using Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls. They combine the most widely-deployed stateful inspection firewall in the industry with a comprehensive suite of next-generation network security services, including:
- Visibility and granular control of applications and micro-applications, with behavior-based controls
- Robust web security
- Advanced threat protection with a comprehensive, highly effective intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Secure remote access
- Protection from botnets
- Proactive, near-real-time protection against Internet threats
Enterprise-Class Security for the Internet Edge
The Cisco ASA 5500-X Series scales to meet the performance and budget requirements of a wide range of network applications.
- Up to 4 Gbps of firewall throughput, 50,000 connections per second, and 1,000,000 concurrent sessions
- Supports up to 500 VLANs for improved network segmentation and security
- Supports up to 100 security contexts for granular control of security policies
- Supports dual power supplies
- Capable of running multiple simultaneous network security services without sacrificing performance
Enterprise-Class Security Services
Next-generation network security services are delivered through cloud- and software-based integrated security services like Application Visibility and Control (AVC), Web Security Essentials (WSE), and IPS.
- Services backed by Cisco Security Intelligence Operations (SIO)
- Exceptional Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall capabilities for the visibility and control needed to safely enable new applications and devices
- High-performance VPN and remote access
- Additional network security services can be added quickly and easily
|Stateful inspection throughput (multiprotocol)||
|IPsec site-to-site VPN peers||
|3DES/AES VPN throughput||
|Virtual interfaces (VLANs)||
8 x 1GE