Cisco Aironet 1552WU Outdoor Access Point
Lead time: 63-68 days
Out of stock (Available on request)
£5,379.66 inc. VAT
(£4,483.05 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: AIR-CAP1552WU-E-K9
The Cisco Aironet 1552WU Outdoor Access Point is the latest model in the Cisco®Aironet 1550 Series. It is ideal for mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, and process control applications. The 1552WU merges the ruggedized outdoor 802.11n access point with an integrated WirelessHART gateway to provide a seamless solution for wireless sensor networks. The WirelessHART radio has been designed specifically for mission-critical wireless connectivity to industrial sensor equipment. With a WirelessHART radio integrated into an 802.11n-based access point, a single solution addresses the growing need for wireless mobility while also providing mission-critical connectivity for industrial sensing and monitoring equipment, such as gauges for water treatment plants, sensors for chemical plants, and vibration monitoring solutions for oil rigs.
This allows customers to combine business use cases, such as:
● Monitoring a chemical treatment plant while providing onsite security through wireless video surveillance
● Monitoring the equipment and gauges on an oil rig while an onsite worker downloads schematics, blueprints, or work instructions to a handheld Wi-Fi tablet
● Providing real-time information to an onsite engineer about changes to processes and equipment so that abnormalities can be dealt with immediately
The Cisco Aironet 1552WU Access Point is also Class 1, Div 2/Zone 2 hazardous location-certified. This means it is designed specifically for hazardous environments like oil and gas refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, manufacturing facilities, and process control applications. The 1552WU offers a single-box solution rather than requiring two separate pieces of equipment – one for 802.11n and one for WirelessHART sensor networks.
By eliminating the extra power and network connections, which can be expensive to deploy and maintain in hazardous locations, the 1552WU saves costs by reducing deployment times while offering a flexible, highly secure, and scalable mesh network for high-performance wireless coverage for both Wi-Fi clients and WirelessHART field instruments across large facilities. With all these benefits, the Cisco Aironet 1552WU Outdoor Access Point can improve overall plant reliability, safety, and profitability.
The Cisco Aironet 1552WU Outdoor Access Point provides multiple device connectivity and network access options to support use cases such as real-time seamless mobility, distributed control system connectivity, video surveillance, 3G and 4G cellular data offload, and public and private Wi-Fi access. Designed to meet customer needs in a broad range of industries, the Cisco Aironet 1552WU Outdoor Access Point offers the following additional benefits:
● Flexible deployment options – Access or mesh network or extension of an Ethernet network, with 10/100/1000 Ethernet and wireless backhaul options
● Cisco CleanAir technology – Integrated spectrum intelligence to detect, classify, and mitigate RF interference from unauthorized wireless bridges or malicious devices
● High-bandwidth video surveillance – Video surveillance over Wi-Fi without the high cost of installing cables over long distances
● High-performance, multipurpose network – Provides low capital and operating expenditures
● Integrated wired and wireless – The Cisco Enterprise Networks Architecture provides cost savings with end-to-end network access solutions that include wireless, switching, routing, and security