Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point
Lead time: 63-68 days
Out of stock (Available on request)
£5,185.09 inc. VAT
(£4,320.91 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: AIR-CAP1552SA-E-K9
The Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point is the latest model in the Cisco Aironet 1550 Series. The 1552S merges the ruggedized outdoor 802.11n access point with an integrated, ISA100-compliant backbone router to provide a seamless solution for wireless sensor networks. The ISA100.11a radio has been designated specifically for mission-critical wireless connectivity to industrial sensor equipment. With an ISA100.11a radio integrated in an 802.11n-based access point, a single solution addresses the growing need for wireless mobility while also providing mission-critical connectivity for industrial sensing and monitoring equipment, such as gauges for water treatment plants, sensors for chemical plants, and vibration monitoring solutions for oil rigs.
This allows customers to combine business use cases, such as:
● Monitoring a chemical treatment plant while providing onsite security via wireless video surveillance
● Monitoring the equipment and gauges on an oil rig while an onsite worker downloads schematics, blueprints, or work instructions to a handheld Wi-Fi tablet
● Providing real-time information to an onsite engineer about changes to processes and equipment so that abnormalities can be dealt with immediately
The Cisco Aironet 1552S Access Point is also Class 1, Div 2/Zone 2 hazardous location certified. This means it is designed specifically for hazardous environments like oil and gas refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and manufacturing facilities. The 1552S offers a single-box solution rather than requiring two separate wireless networks―one for 802.11n and one for ISA100 sensor networks.
By eliminating the extra power and network connections, which can be expensive to deploy in hazardous locations, the 1552S saves costs by reducing deployment times while offering a flexible, secure, and scalable mesh network for high-performance wireless coverage for both Wi-Fi clients and ISA100.11a field instruments across large facilities. With all these benefits, the Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point can improve overall plant reliability, safety, and profitability.
The Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point supports multiple-device and multiple network application delivery methods, such as real-time seamless mobility, video surveillance, 3rd Generation (3G) and 4G data offload, and public and private Wi-Fi access. Designed to meet customer needs in a broad range of industries, the Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point offers the following additional benefits:
● Flexible deployment options: Access or mesh network, extension of an Ethernet network, and Ethernet, fiber, or wireless backhaul.
● Cisco CleanAir technology: Integrated spectrum intelligence to detect, classify, and mitigate RF interference from unauthorized wireless bridges or malicious devices.
● High-bandwidth video surveillance: Video surveillance over Wi-Fi without the high cost of installing cables over long distances.
● High-performance, multipurpose network: Provides low CapEx and OpEx.
● Integrated wired and wireless: The Cisco Borderless Network Architecture provides cost savings with end-to-end network access solutions that include wireless, switching, routing, and security.