Cisco 40GBASE-CSR4 QSFP+ Module for MMF
Lead time: 5-10 days
In stock (8 available)
£1,802.39 inc. VAT
(£1,501.99 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: QSFP-40G-CSR4
The Cisco 40GBASE QSFP+ (Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus) modules offer customers a wide variety of high-density 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, high-performance computing networks, enterprise core and distribution layers, and service provider transport applications.
Features and Benefits
Main features of Cisco 40GBASE QSFP+ modules include:
• Support for 40GBASE Ethernet
• Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a 40-Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ Cisco switch port
• Flexibility of interface choice
• Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 40GBASE interfaces available in various form factors
• Support for “pay-as-you-populate” model
• Support for the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature which enables a Cisco switch to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco
The Cisco 40GBASE-CSR4 QSFP+ Module is similar to the 40GBASE-SR4 interface extends supported link lengths to 300m and 400m respectively on laser-optimized OM3 and OM4 multimode fiber cables. Each 10-gigabit lane of this module is compliant to IEEE 10GBASE-SR specifications. This module can be used for native 40G optical links over 12-fiber ribbon cables with MPO/MTP connectors, or in 4x10G mode with ribbon to duplex fiber breakout cables for connectivity to four 10GBASE-SR interfaces. Maximum channel insertion loss allowed is respectively 2.6dB over 300m of OM3 cable or 2.9dB over 400m of OM4 cable.