Cisco 40GBASE-CR4 QSFP+ direct-attach copper cable, 5m, passive
Lead time: 29-34 days
£239.04 inc. VAT
(£199.20 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: QSFP-H40G-CU5M=
The Cisco 40GBASE QSFP+ (Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus) modules offer customers a wide variety of high-density 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, high-performance computing networks, enterprise core and distribution layers, and service provider transport applications.
Features and Benefits
Main features of Cisco 40GBASE QSFP+ modules include:
• Support for 40GBASE Ethernet
• Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a 40-Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ Cisco switch port
• Flexibility of interface choice
• Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 40GBASE interfaces available in various form factors
• Support for “pay-as-you-populate” model
• Support for the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature which enables a Cisco switch to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco
Cisco QSFP+ to QSFP+ Copper Direct-Attach Cables
Cisco QSFP+ to QSFP+ copper direct-attach 40GBASE-CR4 cables (Figure 4) are suitable for very short distances and offer a highly cost-effective way to establish a 40-Gigabit link between QSFP+ ports of Cisco switches within racks and across adjacent racks. Cisco currently offers passive cables in lengths of 1, 3 and 5 meters, and active cables in lengths of 7 and 10 meters.