Cisco 100BASE-BX10-D SFP for Fast Ethernet SFP Ports
Lead time: 2-6 weeks, ordered on request only
£277.30 inc. VAT
(£231.08 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: GLC-FE-100BX-D
The Cisco 100BASE-X Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) device is a hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into Fast Ethernet ports, dual-rate Fast/Gigabit Ethernet ports, or Gigabit Ethernet ports of a Cisco switch or router, linking the port with the fiber cabling network.
Main features include the following:
• Hot-swappable when deployed, the switch or router does not have to reboot
• Supports the “pay-as-you-populate” model
• Interchangeable with other 100BASE-X SFPs on the same line card
• Supports the Cisco quality ID feature that enables the switch or router to identify whether or not the SFP is a Cisco qualified SFP
• Optically interoperable with respective 100BASE-X Ethernet interfaces on the same link
The Cisco 100BASE-BX10 (part numbers GLC-FE-100BX-D and GLC-FE-100BX-U) SFPs operate on ordinary SMF single-strand link spans up to 10 km long. A 100BASE-BX10-D device is always connected a 100BASE-BX10-U device with a single strand of standard SMF with an operating transmission range up to 10 km. The communication over a single strand of fiber is achieved by separating the transmission wavelength of the two devices. 100BASE-BX10-D transmits a 1550-nm channel and receives a 1310-nm signal, whereas a 100BASE-BX10-U transmits a 1310-nm wavelength and receives a 1550-nm signal.