Cisco ASA 5525-X Firewall Edition with 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports
Lead time: Next business day
In stock (18 available)
£3,021.82 inc. VAT
(£3,021.82 exc. VAT)
Cisco Part Number: ASA5525-K9
Cisco ASA 5525-X Firewall Edition (ASA5525-K9): includes firewall services, 750 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, 8 copper Gigabit Ethernet data ports, 1 copper Gigabit Ethernet management port, 1 AC power supply, Active/Active High Availability, 2 security contexts, 3DES/AES license.
Cisco ASA next-generation firewalls are available in a wide range of sizes and performance levels to fit your network and budget. They also combine stateful inspection and next-generation firewall capabilities with a comprehensive suite of next-generation network security services. There’s a solution to meet your evolving security needs — for security without compromise.
Enterprise-Strength Security at the Internet Edge:When it comes to protecting the Internet edge, midsize businesses want the same level of protection as large enterprise networks. But they need a firewall that meets their specific performance and cost requirements, without compromising security.
The ASA 5500 and ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls were designed with this in mind. They are available in a wide range of sizes and performance levels to fit your network, budget, and evolving security needs. And they offer the same proven level of security that protects some of the largest networks at some of the most security-conscious companies in the world.
Balancing Security with Productivity
Most next-generation firewall vendors have abandoned proven stateful inspection capabilities in favor of application and user ID awareness. But a comprehensive network security solution needs both.
The Cisco ASA 5525-X, 5545-X, and 5555-X are next-generation midrange security appliances that use the Cisco SecureX framework for a context-aware approach to security that delivers multiple security services, multigigabit performance, flexible interface options, and redundant power supplies – all in a compact 1-RU form factor. These appliances optionally provide additional broad and deep network security through an array of integrated cloud- and software-based security services that utilize identity for security policy selection, with no need for additional hardware modules. They are built on the same proven security platform as the rest of the ASA family of security appliances, and have been designed to deliver superior performance for exceptional operational efficiency.
With up to 4 Gbps of firewall throughput, 1,000,000 concurrent firewall connections, 50,000 connections per second, and six integrated 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet interfaces, the ASA 5525-X, 5545-X, and 5555-X are excellent choices for businesses requiring a high-performance, cost-effective, extensible security solution that can grow with their changing needs.
Your business can take advantage of new applications and devices — without compromising security — using Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls. They combine the most widely-deployed stateful inspection firewall in the industry with a comprehensive suite of next-generation network security services, including:
- Visibility and granular control of applications and micro-applications, with behavior-based controls
- Robust web security
- Advanced threat protection with a comprehensive, highly effective intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Secure remote access
- Protection from botnets
- Proactive, near-real-time protection against Internet threats
Enterprise-Class Security for the Internet Edge
The Cisco ASA 5500-X Series scales to meet the performance and budget requirements of a wide range of network applications.
- Up to 4 Gbps of firewall throughput, 50,000 connections per second, and 1,000,000 concurrent sessions
- Supports up to 500 VLANs for improved network segmentation and security
- Supports up to 100 security contexts for granular control of security policies
- Supports dual power supplies
- Capable of running multiple simultaneous network security services without sacrificing performance
Enterprise-Class Security Services
Next-generation network security services are delivered through cloud- and software-based integrated security services like Application Visibility and Control (AVC), Web Security Essentials (WSE), and IPS.
- Services backed by Cisco Security Intelligence Operations (SIO)
- Exceptional Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall capabilities for the visibility and control needed to safely enable new applications and devices
- High-performance VPN and remote access
- Additional network security services can be added quickly and easily
|Stateful inspection throughput (multiprotocol)||
|IPsec site-to-site VPN peers||
|3DES/AES VPN throughput||
|Virtual interfaces (VLANs)||
8 x 1GE